Famous residential area of the nobles already in the Roman times, as evidenced by the archaeological discovery of an ancient villa of the I century, Minori, the ancient "Reghinna Minor" (to distinguish it from nearby "Reghinna Major", the current Maiori), like all other towns of the Amalfi Coast, followed the fortunes of the ancient Maritime Republic of Amalfi and was also a Bishop seat from 987. Over the centuries, the strength of waters of the Reginna river contributed to the growth of flourishing activities, such as mills and paper mills.
The village is spread throughout the valley, with numerous districts that cling along the ridges of the surrounding hills, where man built terraces, mainly cultivated with lemons and grapes, from where it is possible to enjoy a unique view over the entire coastline. Minori has recently been proclaimed with the title of "City of taste", as since the XVI century, the local inhabitants devoted themselves to the production of hand-made pastas, refining the grain imported from Salerno. In the recent years, due to the difficulty to trace natural products and thanks to the exceptional creativity of the local artisans, the production of these special pastas has been encouraged, along with the preparation of other local products such as various liqueurs (famous "limoncello", or flavoured with mandarin, wild strawberries or dill) and fresh cakes and pastries, that in a short time, have become famous not only at national levels. During the eno-gastronomic event "Gusta Minori", held in the first weeks of September, a theatrical theme itinerary is combined to the tasting of the typical specialties of Minori .
Pearl of the Amalfi Coast, rich in history and architectural treasures and natural wonders, there are many sites of interest that can inspire awe and admiration to those that visit them:
- the Maritime archaeological Villa (of the I century A.D.), a splendid example of Roman construction, discovered in 1932; it still retains traces of a "peristilium", of a "viridarium" and of a "suspensurae" with remains of its water heating system and some mosaics. Inside it features an "Antiquarium" that exposes most of the finds from the Roman period found both here and in the neighboring towns, as well as artifacts found underwater at sea.
- the Basilica of Santa Trofimena, in late XVIII century style, was built over an existing temple, which today houses the crypt. It is flanked by a square bell tower in Neoclassical style. The structure is divided into three naves and houses valuable paintings and sculptures, and an altarpiece of the Crucifixion by Marco Pino da Siena (XVI century) and an episcopal throne in marble. In an urn of alabaster are the remains of Santa Trofimena, a Sicilian martyr, that, the traditions tell, were found on the beach of Minori between the VI and VII centuries;
- the bell tower of the Annunciation (XI century), in the homonymous district, located about 150 meters above sea level, surrounded by vineyards and lemon groves, in Arab-Norman style; it is the last witness of the ancient Church of the Annunciation, demolished in 1950 because of its instable conditions. From the ruins of the church, it is possible to recognize the two apses and the remains of a fresco depicting St. Michael.
- the Convent and the Church of St. Nicholas (XI century), located on Mount Forcella, founded by the Augustinians in 1628;
- the Church of Saints Gennaro and Giuliano, in the district of Villamena, built in Baroque style. The entrance portal is surmounted by a frescoed medallion, markedly signed by the ages, representing the Madonna. The interior is divided into three naves with eight pillars and in the last two, it huddles the central altar.
- the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, which interconnects with the Church of Saints Gennaro and Giuliano, in Baroque style features a single nave covered with a barrel vault and coffered ceiling;
- the Church of St. John the Baptist of Piezulo, a medieval structure, built by the Brancia Family from Amalfi in 1420. During the past it overlooked the main square; today its entrance is barely visible due to its location between a complex of houses.
- the Church of Saint Lucia, dating from the X century, which preserves inside a Baroque altar, an engraved wooden choir stand and the tomb of the founder, Giovanni Simone Palumbo, in white marble with black marble decorations.
- the Church and the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament, adjacent to the Basilica of Santa Trofimena, whose origins date back to medieval times;
- the Church of St. Michael the Archangel, in the district of Torre;
- Paradise Tower, of vice-regal era, now located along the SS 163 "Amalfitana", was part of the complex defensive system of the Amalfi Coast;
- Tower Mezzacapo in Torricella, situated along the main road SS 163 "Amalfitana", on the border of the town limits between Maiori and Minori. Since the Viceroy era, it had defensive and sighting purposes. It is part of the complex of the Castle Miramare (or Mezzacapo, named after the family who had it built), which vaguely resembles the castles of the Loire;
- the XI century Fountain of the Lions, situated on the seafront.
- the Grotto of the Annunciation, located between the towns of Maiori and Minori, along the SS 163 "Amalfitana", was originally used by fishermen as a the shelter of their boats. Inside are preserved the remains of an ancient chapel dedicated to Our Lady and a small pond of fresh water.